With User Notes you can add comments to your text in RapidReader, by attaching a note to a specific word. You can also export the notes as a text file for use in other documents, such as reports.
Note: You must save your text as a RapidReader (R2D) file to retain any notes you've created.
Adding User Notes
You can add User Notes in both ParagraphView and TurboView.
Adding User Notes in ParagraphView
- Select the word you want to add a note to.
- Click the note icon on the toolbar or, under Markup on the menu, click Create User Note.
- Enter your note in the User Note dialog.
- Click Done to save your note.
- The text will now be marked where you added the note .
Adding User Notes in TurboView
- With reading in progress, press CTRL+U. Alternatively, stop reading and click the note item on the TurboView toolbar.
- The User Note dialog displays.
- Enter a note and click Done to save it.
- Restart reading by clicking in TurboView.
Note: The User-Note marker numbers follow the order in which you created the notes, not the order in which they appear in the document.
In ParagraphView the User Note marker () identifies each note. You can use this marker to visually identify where each note is.
In TurboView a User Note marker is displayed in the upper right of the view . This marker remains displayed until a new markup is encountered in the text.
You can then review the note by:
- Double-clicking the marker.
- This display the User Note dialog where you can read and edit your note.
- Click Done to save any edits to the note.
You can also navigate through your notes using Prev and Next in the User Note dialog:
The notes are navigated based on their location in the document, not based on the order in which they were created. And note that the selected note in the ParagraphView doesn't change.
Using the User Notes Viewer and saving notes to a file
You can get an overview of the notes in your text, navigate to specific notes in the text, and save your notes to file in the User Notes Viewer, which is opened from the Markup menu in ParagraphView.
From the viewer you can:
- Add a new note to the word selected in ParagraphView with New. This opens the User Note dialog for you to enter your note.
- Remove a note by selecting it and clicking Remove.
- Display a note by selecting it and clicking Display, which opens the note in the User Note dialog.
- Go to the point in the text where the note was made by selecting it and clicking Goto, the ParagraphView will update to show the note in the first line of displayed text.
- Save all the notes to a text file (*.txt) by clicking Save To File. A standard Save as dialog displays, where you can select a folder in which to save the file and give the file a name. You can also save user notes directly from the File menu using Save User Notes. The notes are output to the text file in the order the appear in the document.