With the Highlight tool you can highlight text in ParagraphView and see it emphasized in TurboView with a lime green font. You can also export highlighted text to a text file for use in other documents, such as reports.
Note: You must save your text as a RapidReader (R2D) file to retain any highlights you've created.
You add highlights in ParagraphView.
- Activate Highlight Mode by clicking the Highlight icon on the toolbar or, under Markup on the menu, click Add Highlites. The cursor will change to the highlighter tool and the Statusbar will indicate you're in highlight mode.
- Select the text you want to highlight in the usual way (click a word, hold down the mouse button and drag to the end of the text you want to highlight then release the mouse). The selected text will be highlighted with a colored background.
- Click the Highlighter toolbutton or Add Highlites on the Markup menu to return to normal mode in ParagraphView.
Tip: While you can't add highlights in TurboView, if you pause reading then click the highlight icon on the TurboView toolbar, you're returned to ParagraphView in highlight mode.
In ParagraphView the colored background () identifies each highlight. In TurboView highlighted text is shown in a lime green font.
Using the Highlight Viewer and saving highlighted text to a file
You can get an overview of the highlights in your text, navigate to specific highlights, and save the highlighted text to a file in the Highlites Viewer, which is opened from the Markup menu in ParagraphView.
From the viewer you can:
- Remove a highlight by selecting it and clicking Remove.
- Go to the point in the text where the highlight was made by selecting it and clicking Goto, ParagraphView will update to show the highlight in the first line of displayed text.
- Save all the highlighted text to a text file (*.txt) by clicking Save To File. The standard Save as dialog displays, where you can select a folder in which to save the file and give the file a name. You can also save the highlighted text directly from the File menu using Save Highlites. Highlights are saved to the file in the order in which they appear in the content.